Nation

27 November 2022, 01:04 PM

Russia to launch new covert wave of mobilization, Russian positions hit in Zaporizhzhya Oblast

Russia is on the verge of conducting a new wave of mobilization in secret on the temporarily occupied areas of Ukraine, reads the morning update of the Ukraine military’s General Staff on Nov. 27.

The General Staff said that preparations are underway right now to start a covert mobilization on Dec. 10.

It also confirmed the damage to areas of concentrations of enemy troops near Melitopol, Polohy and Mikhaylivka in the south of Zaporizhzhya Oblast. Russia's losses were up to 100 injured troops, up to 10 pieces of military equipment of various types, and two ammunition depots, the General Staff said.

In the past 24 hours, Ukrainian troops have repelled Russian attacks in and around Stelmahivka and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, and at Mariyinka, Verkhniokamianka and Spirne in Donetsk Oblast.

At the end of October, Russian officials, including the Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu and Russian dictator Vladimir Putin, announced the cessation of mobilization measures. They reported 300,000 people had been conscripted to the Russian army, and that there was no need for a further mobilization.

However, the Kremlin’s mobilization decree hasn't expired or been cancelled.

The decree’s redacted seventh paragraph, which reads only “for official use,” is thought to detail three waves of mobilization of over 300,000 men each, reaching almost a million men, according to independent Russian media.

Lithuanian-based independent Russian journalistic investigation media “Vazhnye Istorii” has reported that the Kremlin estimated the losses among mobilized reservists at a level of about 100,000, and that it planned to replace them with regular troops.

UK intelligence said Russian conscripts experienced particular heavy casualties at the front line in Ukraine. Also, some of them have been affected by serious chronic diseases, UK intelligence has said.

Другие новости

Все новости