Casualties reported as Russians launch fresh attack on Dnipropetrovsk Oblast
Enemy shells destroyed the apartments of Nikopol residents, there may be people under the rubble (Photo:Valentyn Reznichenko/Telegram)
Three people were killed and another nine, including a child, were injured in the town of Nikopol in a Russian attack on Dnipropetrovsk Oblast overnight on Aug. 11, the head of the oblast’s military administration Valentyn Reznichenko said in a Telegram messenger post.
He said that the Russian invaders had hit the Nikopol district three times using Grad rocket systems, with 120 shells landing in the area.
More than 40 high-rise buildings were damaged in the town, and five apartments were destroyed. Rescuers are sorting through the rubble and searching for people.
Three schools, several shops, garages and cars were also damaged. A power line is down and over 6,000 residents of Nikopol have been left without electricity.
The governor said 14 houses had been destroyed in the Chervonohryhorivka territorial community. A dispensary, a shop and a stadium were hit by shelling. Up to 1,000 people there have been left without electricity.
The Zelenodolsk territorial community in the Kryvyi Rih district also came under fire by Russian Uragan rocket systems. Several fires broke out in the area.
In addition, the enemy attacked the Velykomykhailivka territorial community in the Synelnykove district. A mill and houses were damaged. A married couple was injured. A woman with injuries has been hospitalized.
“A rocket hit the Dnipro district,” Reznichenko said.
“We’re clarifying the scale of destruction.”
Russia is currently attacking Dnipropetrovsk Oblast every day with multiple rocket launchers and artillery, as well as conducting missile attacks.
The day before, Russia hit the Nikopol district using Grad rocket systems, resulting in 13 people being killed.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News