Russian propagandists ‘banned from talking about mobilisation’

24 December 2022, 11:58 AM
Those mobilized in Russia get on the train (Photo:tvtoront/Twitter)

Those mobilized in Russia get on the train (Photo:tvtoront/Twitter)

Kremlin's propagandists have been prohibited from discussing any reports of further mobilisation in Russia, English-language newspaper The Moscow Times reported on Dec. 23.

One of the newspaper’s sources said the dissemination even of statements issued by the government on the topic are forbidden. A tacit order to that effect has been handed down from the Russian dictator Vladimir Putin's administration, the sources said.

"We could write before about either the ongoing mobilisation or possible scenarios and predictions,” the source told Moscow Times journalists.

Video of day

“Now all predictions have been put on hold. The order reads that even quoting of official statements is forbidden.”

Kyrylo Budanov, the head of Ukrainian Military Intelligence, previously stated the new major wave of mobilisation in Russia is expected at the beginning of January.

The Ukrainian military’s General Staff also reported that Russia is preparing for another wave of mobilisation in January or February 2023.

Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense said the first wave of Russian mobilisation didn't go as well as had been expected by the invaders’ commanders.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News

poster
Ukraine Today
Fresh daily newsletter covering the top headlines and developments in Ukraine
Daily at 9am EST
Show more news
X