Russians suffer heavy losses near Pavlivka, enemy conscripts surrender to Ukrainian forces
The occupiers again suffered heavy losses near Pavlivka (Photo:General Staff)
Fierce fighting continues in the Donetsk sector of the Bakhmut and Avdiyivka axes, while in Luhansk Oblast active fighting is ongoing near Bilohorivka and Novoselivka, a military spokesman said on Ukrainian national television on Nov. 9.
Spokesman of the East grouping of the Ukrainian Armed Forces Serhiy Cherevatyi said that Russian forces are constantly conducting assault actions, including five recent attacks on the strategic city of Bakhmut.
Cherevatyi added that the Russian invasion troops had again suffered significant losses near Pavlivka, the scene of fierce fighting earlier, with more than 80 Russian servicemen being killed and 60 more wounded.
According to Cherevatyi, the Russian military did not succeed in its attacks on any of the axes and were repulsed by the Ukrainian Armed Forces.
Cherevatyi also said there had been surrenders of mobilized Russians. On Nov. 7, 20 Russian troops surrendered in Luhansk Oblast.
Over the past few days, there have been reports of devastating losses of the invading Russian forces in Ukraine. In particular, the defeat of one of the marine brigades near Pavlivka in Donetsk Oblast, and the destruction of a battalion of untrained Russian mobilized soldiers near Svatove in Luhansk Oblast.
According to the General Staff, 780 enemy troops were killed in Ukraine over the past day.
Since the beginning of the full-scale invasion, Russia has lost 77,950 of its soldiers.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News