7 September, 01:48 PM

Russians shell Slovyansk, Kharkiv, Nikopol, and Marhanets overnight

As a result of the Russian shelling of the city of Slovyansk in Donetsk Oblast on Sept. 7, an entryway to a building was destroyed, and there may be people under the rubble, the city administration reported on Telegram.

One of the strikes allegedly happened in the Cherevkivka microdistrict, where School No. 4 was hit. Fortunately, there were no casualties.

"One of the entry sections was completely destroyed by the second hit on building No. 43 on Torska Street. Neighboring buildings were also damaged by the blast wave," the message reads.

According to the head of the community Vadym Liakh, there may be people under the rubble. Rescue operations are currently underway. The number of victims remains unknown.

There was also overnight shelling of the city of Kharkiv and its surrounding oblast on Sept. 7, regional governor Oleg Synegubov reported on Telegram.

According to the official, the Russian military fired two rockets at Nemyshlyanskyi District of Kharkiv.

"One of the rockets hit a two-story building; a nearby car caught fire, cafes, shops, and other cars were damaged,” he wrote.

“The second rocket hit the ground. Early reports indicate no casualties.”

Synegubov also reported a Russian rocket attack on the town of Zmiyiv, in Kharkiv Oblast’s Chuhuyiv District.

"The rocket hit the ground near a medical facility. Fortunately, no one was hurt," he said.

Russian troops regularly shell Kharkiv, destroying infrastructure and killing civilians.

The Russian army also attacked Nikopol and the Marhanets community on Sept. 7, Dnipropetrovsk regional governor Valentyn Reznichenko reported on Telegram.

"A night with one (air raid) alert and two bouts of shelling... The enemy targeted the Nikopol District," he wrote.

According to him, the Russian forces fired using Grad multiple launch rocket systems, mortars, and heavy artillery.

No casualties or injuries were reported. The extent of the destruction is being ascertained.

Reznichenko said that firefighters had put out the fire at an oil depot in Kryvyi Rih at night, which occurred after another Russian attack. The rescuers had been fighting the fire for over 16 hours.

In other areas of the region, the night was quiet and no incidents were reported.

Другие новости

Все новости