Ukrainian army repels enemy attacks in Donetsk and Kherson sections of front – General Staff
The General Staff reported what the current situation is at the front (Photo:General Staff)
Ukraine’s army repelled over the past day enemy attacks in the areas of Terny, Opytne, Vesele, Nevelske, Odradivka, Ivanhrad, and Bakhmut in Donetsk Oblast, as well as Nova Kamianka and Suhy Stavok in Kherson Oblast, the Ukrainian military’s General Staff reported on Oct. 14.
Aviation of the Defense Forces carried out 25 air strikes, the General Staff said. More than 19 areas of concentration of weapons and military equipment, as well as six anti-aircraft missile systems, were confirmed to have been damaged.
Air defense units shot down five cruise missiles and nine UAVs.
Missile troops and artillery hit three command points, five areas of concentration of troops, weapons and military equipment, and two ammunition warehouses during the past day. An enemy electronic warfare station was also damaged.
Over the course of a day, the occupiers launched two rocket and 16 air strikes, carried out more than 70 attacks from multiple-launch rocket systems.
Russian troops carried out shelling:
- In the Siverskyi direction — using mortars and artillery in the areas of the settlements of Ukrainske, Atynske, Velyka Rybytsia in Sumy Oblast and Mykolaivka in Chernihiv Oblast;
- In the Slobozhansk direction — with mortars, artillery and rockets in the areas of the settlements of Strilecha, Ohirtseve, Starytsia, Gatishche, Dvorichna and Hryanykivka;
- In the Kramatorsk direction — with artillery of various types in the areas of the settlements of Spirne, Terny, Zarichne, Nadiya, Olhivka, Torske, Bilohorivka, Yampolivka and Travneve;
- In the Bakhmut direction — with tanks, mortars, artillery and rockets along the entire line of contact, in particular, in the areas of the settlements of Bilohorivka, Yakovlivka, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Ivanhrad, Zelenopillia, Soledar, Mayorsk, Chasiv Yar and Opytne;
- In the Avdiyiv region — with tanks and artillery of various calibers in the areas of the settlements of Avdiyivka, Krasnohorivka, Vodyane, Maryinka, Novomykhailivka, Nevelske, Pershotravneve and Zolota Nyva;
- In the Novopavlivka and Zaporizhzhya directions, the enemy shelled areas of the settlements of Vuhledar, Novoukrainka, Vremivka, Novoandriivka, Novodanylivka, Dorozhnianka, Gulyaipole and Komyshuvaha;
- In the Pivedennyi Buh direction, populated areas near the contact line came under fire. Nikopol and Vyshetarasivka were hit by enemy attacks.
Help NV continue reporting on the Russian invasion
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News