Ukrainian army repels Russian attacks, air force strikes invaders, General Staff says
Генштаб сообщил, где ВСУ дали отпор оккупантам (Photo:Генштаб)
The Ukrainian army fought off further attacks by invading Russian forces in Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts over the past day, the Ukrainian military’s General Staff said in its regular morning report, posted on Facebook on Oct. 20.
The enemy launched attacks on the settlements of Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, and on Bakhmut, Bakhmutske, Klishchiivka, Krasnohorivka, Novomykhailivka, Nevelske, Opytne, and Maryinka in Donetsk Oblast, the General Staff said.
The Ukrainian Air Force carried out ten air strikes over the past day. Damage to six areas of concentration of weapons and military equipment and four positions with anti-aircraft missile systems was confirmed.
During Oct. 19, Ukrainian air defense units shot down six cruise missiles, one Ka-52 helicopter and 16 unmanned aerial vehicles, including 14 Shahed-136 flying bombs.
Missile forces and artillery units hit three command posts, six areas of concentration of troops, weapons and military equipment, one ammunition depot, an electronic warfare station and six other important objects, including a bridge and a pontoon crossing.
According to the updated reports, as a result of the strikes by Ukraine’s military in the last few days, damage to the personnel and equipment of the invaders in Zaporizhzhya Oblast was confirmed – up to 150 troops were injured and about 15 units of weapons and military equipment were destroyed.
During the day, the invaders launched 11 rocket and 28 air strikes, and carried out more than 65 attacks using multiple launch rocket systems.
Areas in more than 25 settlements were hit by enemy attacks, including Burshtnyn in Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast, Ladyzhyn in Vinnytsia Oblast, Zelenodolsk in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Siversk, Slovyansk and Terny in Donetsk Oblast, Znachkovo in Zaporizhzhya Oblast, and Davidiv Brid in Kherson Oblast.
In addition, the occupying forces of the Russian Federation carried out attacks:
- In the Sloboda direction — with artillery of various calibers in the areas of the settlements of Hoptivka, Hryanikyvka, Kolodyazne, Krasne, Ohirtseve, and Strelecha in Kharkiv Oblast;
- In the Kupyansk and Lyman directions — with rockets and artillery in the areas of Berestov, Kyslivka, and Pervomaiske in Kharkiv Oblast, Kovalivka, Novoyehorivka, and Novolyubivka in Luhansk Oblast, and Zarichne, Terny and Torske in Donetsk Oblast;
- In the Bakhmut direction — using tanks and artillery in the areas of Andriyivka, Bakhmut, Bakhmutske, Bilohorivka, Zelenopillya, Klishchiivka, Kurdyumivka, Pivnichne, Mayorsk, New York, Soledar and Yakovlivka in Donetsk Oblast;
- In the Avdiyivka direction — using tanks, mortars, artillery and rockets in the areas of Avdiyivka, Vodyane, Pervomaiske, Opytne, Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, and Novomykhailivka in Donetsk Oblast;
- In the Novopavlivsk and Zaporizhzhya directions, more than 20 settlements along the contact line came under shelling, including Velyka Novosilka, Vremivka, Vuhledar, and Zolota Nyva in Donetsk Oblast, and Mykilske, Orihiv, and Chervone in Zaporizhzhia Oblast;
- In the Pivdennyy Buh direction, the invaders continue to set up defensive positions. They also continued shelling settlements along the entire contact line trying to deter the counter-offensive of the Ukrainian Armed Forces.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google News